Well, we are well into Summer 16, in fact it’s almost gone! In warmer months lighter products that won’t weight down your tresses are used. Also if you wear wash n go’s you’ll need a great detangling shampoo that won’t dry your hair out, and will minimize hair loss on wash day.
Here are 5 products that get the Mrsphatandnaptural lazy natural stamp of approval to increase moisture and shine all summer 16!
All of these products can be found at your local beauty supply or drug store hair care isle:
◦ 1. Design Essentials Avocado & Almond Moisturizing and Detangling Shampoo –The price point is right around $8, as are most natural shampoos It smells great! The shampoo lathers very well ( I love a good lather), it cleanses and moisturizes the hair. It has a nice thick constancy, and has great slip. The detangling claim holds true. The second time I used it I had a lot of product on my hair and didn’t have time to prepoo. I was ever so pleasantly surprised that my hair shed was minimal.
◦ 2. Design Essentials Avocado & Almond Moisturizing and Detangling Conditioner – The conditioner is about $8-10. The conditioner works great too. It has the same pleasant smell as the shampoo. It’s also nice and thick, I didn’t have to use a lot to cover my thick hair. As I said above my second time using it I was in a rush, so I didn’t go through my normal wash day regime. But using only the shampoo and conditioner my hair was well moisturized and manageable. If you are wearing a wash n go this summer I’d suggest you give this line a try.
◦ 3. Alikay Naturals Moisture Rich Hair Parfait- To say this smells great is an understatement! It definitely smells good enough to eat! It has a creamy texture. It’s a great alternative to heavy butters or creams for my LOC method. It left my hair soft and smelling great for days. This stuff just melts into the hair and doesn’t leave it oily at all. If you are wearing a protective style and not doing your hair daily, I suggest using this product for sustained moisture days at a time.
◦ 4. Ecostyler Gel For Color Treated Hair– This is a gel that I’ve had for a while. I guess I ended up with it from a product swap. I only used it to tame my frizzys at the top when I part down the center. It’s alcohol free and very light. It served its purpose for what I wanted. I guess if I was looking for firm hold ( which the label states) I would have been disappointed. It doesn’t hold, but it did help control the frizz. I would necessarily go out to purchase it, but if I had it, I’d use it again.
◦ 5. Softsoap Luminous Oil Avocado Oil Body Wash– I don’t usually do body product reviews. But this one right here is the bomb! The look caught my eye. It looks like a bottle of fine thick oil. I love a great oil. The smell is pleasing and light. The lather is great! Did I say I love bubbles? Lol yeah, I actually went through 2 bottles of this, and I went back to get 2 more. My Local Walgreens had them buy 1 get 1 free so I was super excited. I started to get four, but my husband tells me I’m too extreme so I just got the 2 for now…I’ll probably go back and get more later 😉.
We’d love to hear from you! Drop us a comment below, or if you’re not following us on social media you should be! What are some of the products you’re using this summer? Have you ever tried any of these products? Let us know what you’re loving or not loving this summer !