Its the beginning of the New Year and I’m sure all of our timelines are filled with all the mantras and resolutions of the forth coming newness! Nowadays, everyone and their mama does vision boards. Or planners or some kind of goal forecasting. Some people believe they work and others think its just that old snake oil. The truth is,
Your Dreams Don’t Work Unless You Do!
There is a science to the process, its not just some magic wishing board. Or a collage of cool pictures and words. It’s a vision board. Your vision is the most important element. Where do you see yourself? What do you want to have, and who do you want to share it with? I think sometimes folks are just attracted to the picture and have no idea or intention of manifesting any of it. But if you want to take your vision from board to real life, keep reading!
1. Keep It Real- This is easier said than done. It’s so important to be realistic about the vision with out limiting the outcome. Know your limits and gear your expectations accordingly. I do believe you should create the biggest grandest vision of your dreams. But be real with yourself. If you know you are not a morning person, maybe start with getting up a half hour earlier as a goal instead of going to the gym at 5:30 am as a goal.
2. Be Intentional- I like to say “set your intention”. Focus your thoughts in the direction of your vision. Show up ready to work and set your intentions on reaching your goal. I use to have such a problem with this step. In prayer, I would thank God for certain things, then find myself complaining about having to perform or maintain those same things.
Remember thoughts become things.
3. Take Action- It is of the utmost importance that your words and actions line up with your vision. If travel is on your vision board, start by getting your passport. Or book a hotel somewhere close enough to drive to and explore the sites. Bookmark that Kayak/explore page so you can keep an eye out for places you can afford to go to. As you can see more travel is on my board!
4. Stay Positive- This should go without saying, but it’s impossible to have a positive out come if all you give out is negativity. As I said above, thoughts become things. So keep your thoughts, words, and environment positive.
5. Trust Yourself To Make The Right Decision- Some people go through life not making any decisions, for fear of being responsible for the making the wrong decisions. Need I say this leads to stagnation and dissatisfaction. Just know, you will make some mistakes, but just learn from them and keep pushing. Some say if you are going through life not making any mistakes, you are not taking enough chances. You know what Brother Donnie McClerkin says! We Fall Down, But We Get Up! Just keep getting up and giving it your all.
6. Know That You Know What You Know- It may not be easy to say, but it is very simple to do. Just don’t water the weeds! The weeds are your distractions, doubts, and fears. Just know that what you are doing is to manifest your vision and see your goals to reality. Starve your distraction. Feed your goals. In other words, you will never please everyone, so you might as well please yourself.
7. Collaborate & Connect- They say if you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far, go together. Networking across with like minded individuals will make for great motivation. The environment will be rich with ideas and creativity. Not to mention having a sound companion or group to get and give valuable information.
8. Be The Light- There will be haters, and negative Nelly’s. Just shine anyway. You never know who you will encourage.
9. Give Yourself Permission To Be Blessed- All to often we let negative voices crowd our space. We start to believe that good things never happen to people like you and I. And if someone does offer us a seemingly ” to good to be true ” opportunity, we believe just that. This must be to good to be true. So we sabotage our chances at success because we don’t believe we deserve said opportunity anyway. Just know that you do!
So Happy 2018! Give yourself a pat on the back. Whatever 2017 gave you, you have overcome it! You made it through the ups and downs. The set backs and set ups, and come out on the other side with the knowledge and wisdom gained from all those experiences. Now you have to move forward with the goals and plans designed for your success!