So it’s April, summer is around the corner and I fell off the fitness train! And when I say off I meant all the way off. I got to a place where I wasn’t doing much about my health and believe me before I stepped on the scale my jeans told me! But as I said in my last fitness post👉( Fight Of A Fit Phatty)
“When you fall off don’t stay off!”
I’ve gained 10lbs back and I’ve been eating pretty crappy. I let life get in the way, nope scratch that; I got in my own way.
“Lack of time is actually a lack of priorities”
No excuses, time to get back to health! Knowing is only half the battle, now it time to get back into the fight with this fat!
Here are my chosen weapons of war :
- Liquid Gold! A gallon of water a day! Yikes that’s a lot of water! But water is the key to good health! I try to just drink 6 bottles of water so I’m not looking at a gallon all day! If you don’t like plain water add fruit for a good taste and detox!
- Hand to Mouth! I mean snacks! Not the fudgy gooey kind, something good and healthy but filling! I love nature valley bars or flavored rice cake minis, fruit, and nuts. Eat something that is filling between meals and make sure it’s not empty calories!
- Beat the clock! It’s no secret that most people don’t exercise because of time, but you have to do it. I wish I could go to the gym and rock out for an hour but my life doesn’t work that way! But you can do 20 minute work outs 3 times a day. That will burn the same amount of calories as a continuous hour. I like high intensity workouts that you can do in 20 minutes and burn the same amount of calories or more! Walk at lunch a few days a week, or six 15 minutes bursts if you have to. whatever works for you, do it!
- Click fitness! I like to explore Pinterest and YouTube for new exercises. Remember to do the correct forms though! 10 correct moves goes a lot further than 50 incorrect. Last year I could only do ONE push up! I kept trying and now I’m at 10. It’s your heart rate pumping that will be the benefit!
- Eyes to see! In every aspect of life we need someone to look to and something to aspire towards. Whether it’s a family member, friend, or favorite social media celebrity, let someone else’s journey inspire you.
- Don’t wait until you feel like it! Honestly we will never feel like it most of the time lol! Sometimes I feel like today will be my rest day just like yesterday and I never get anything done.
- Reap Wisely! I always say this! Don’t reward yourself with food or punish your self with brutal exercise! Instead reach a goal and purchase something else besides food! If you’ve fallen from fit grace do not over work yourself! Start off slowly and ease your way back in.
I hope you continue to take this journey with me! If you have more tips please leave them in the comments! What are you doing? Share with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
In the words of Styles P “health is wealth” !
Yours Truly The Fit Phatty