On this Natural Hair Journey one of the biggest obstacles I faced was figuring out what to use on my hair and when. I’d like to say, I’m going to do an epic post on the best hair practices, but with my track record that would be like a jinx or something and it would never get done! So for now I’m gonna share my top five leave in conditioners, what and when they have worked best for me.
5. Carols Daughter- Hair Milk Original Leave In Moisturizer. This is my third step for my LOC (Leave in, Oil, Cream) Method. This product is thick enough to be used as a cream although it’s labeled as a Leave In. It has a more creamy consistency then moist leave ins and even works as a heat protectant when I blow dry my hair. I also use this product for daily maintenance. It doesn’t sit on my hair and weigh it down. I have no down side to say about this product, but the words rubbed off the bottle.
4. Cantu Leave-in Conditioner – You can find it any and everywhere. From Walmart, Sally’s, to your local beauty supply and or drug store. I must admit for most of 2014 I really didn’t use much else on my hair. The only draw back is, if you are too heavy handed with the Cantu you can get a white residue on your hair. I use this combo on my Puff which is my goto style, and it keeps my edges slayed and laid. My entire family uses the Cantu, and we all have different hair types. I tend to use them together but they are both equally fierce all by themselves. For the price around $5-7.00 you can’t beat the results. I know people who pay a lot of money for expensive products and their hair doesn’t like it!
3. Shea Moisture Raw Sheabutter Extra-Moisture Detangler- Well technically this is not a leave in but any way, I got this from my Hairstory Swaportunity. As a Detangler I didn’t care for it. The feel is very slippery and I didn’t like it. But one of my friends told my she uses it as a leave in, and her hair always looks bomb. So, I decided to give it a shot on my twists. I loved it! It left my hair shinny and feeling soft and moist for days. It’s heavy the first night but by morning my twits looked shinny and healthy!
2. Alikay Naturals Lemon Grass Leave In- I love this product especially in the warmer months. It’s a very lite product which is a great alternative to the heavier butters used in the colder months. It smells great as does all of the products that I’ve used from Alikay. I love that it has a spray nozzle which makes it ideal to be used to refresh your Summer wash n go, or moisten your protective style. I usually find it at Target, it runs about $12.00.
1. Carmacare B’leave-in Conditioner. You can get them at http://www.carmacare.net . This is a local brand that I was introduced to at a Natural Hair Meetup in NYC. I absolutely love this product! I use it in almost any style. Especially in the colder months, it’s a creamy consistency, but it has wonderful sealing properties because it packed with safflower oil, and other goodies that my hair just loves. This is a prime example of a great product that I probably would have never heard of if I hadn’t of attended my local meet up.
For more reasons you should be attending your local natural hair meet ups ( click here)
We’d love to hear from you! Drop us a comment below, or if your not following us on social media you should be! What are some of the products ? What’s your favorite Leave In? Do you use it at all? Have you ever tried any of these products? Let us know what you’re loving or not loving!