It’s no secret that hair sheds more in the colder temps of winter, and to top all it off; the cold air will freeze the water on your tresses and snap them right off! One of the biggest factors is dryness,which is caused by inadequate protection from the cold air. This is what I like to call the “winter fall off”. In urban slang, to “fall off” means you are not looking your best. If you are slipping, one would say he or she “fell off”. This term is also literal, your hair will Fall Off your head! This is why so many people do those protective style challenges in the colder months.
👉Click Here For “Don’t Fall Off” Tips on winter hair care. 😜
Here are 6 products that get the Mrsphatandnaptural lazy natural stamp of approval to combat the “Winter Fall Off”.
All of these products can be found at your local beauty supply or drug store hair care isle:
- 1. Sheamoisture Superfruit Complex 10 n 1 Renewal System- Hair and Scalp Serum. This little baby here is the truth! I was introduced to this item in one of my swag bags from a Kinks n Drinks event given by Tribe Called Curl. As usual I had the bottle for months and never touched it. But as I searched for a proper winter hair regimen I decided to give it a try. Oh was I pleased! I’ll start with the down side, it’s in a little glass bottle with a dropper and I must have spilled it fifty – leven times! Other than that it works wonders, I mostly used it as a pre poo, but I’ve also run a few drops through my hair as moisturizer during daily styling. It smells heavenly, and the scent lasts all day!
- 2. Sheamoisture Superfruit Complex 10 n 1 Renewal System- Shampoo & Conditioner with Marula Oil & Biotin. I love together. The shampoo lathers well, and cleanses very good with out stripping the hair. Down side, it’s not that thick out of the bottle, so I had to get use to not wasting it as I poured it into my hands. The conditioner is also awesome, it has great slip, and does a good job adding softness to my hair.
- 3. NuNaat- Garlic Magic Leave In. Yes garlic, no it does not smell like garlic! I was introduced to this in my Return Of The Curls swag bag. I wrote to them and they sent me the entire Garlic Magic line. Although I didn’t care for the other products, I love the Leave in! It softened my hair and kept it moisturized and manageable. I used it as my first step in my LOC Method (Leave in, Oil, Cream)
- 4. Tropic Isle Living- Jamaican Black Castor Oil. This is the second step in my LOC Method. What can I say, it woks! No secrets or tricks here. Just rub it on your edges and ends to seal and protect them. I also massage my edges and nape area with a mixture of 1/3 JBCO, 1/3 Olive Oil, 1/3 grape seed oil as a mid week refresher at night. The only draw back is the smell is strong but not stinky. There are other scented versions but I haven’t tried them.
- 5. Carols Daughter- Hair Milk Original Leave In Moisturizer. This is my third step for my LOC (Leave in, Oil, Cream) Method. This product is thick enough to be used as a cream although it’s labeled as a Leave In. It has a more creamy consistency then moist leave ins and even works as a heat protectant when I blow dry my hair. I also use this product for daily maintenance. It doesn’t sit on my hair and weight it down. I have no down side to say about this product, but the words rubbed off the bottle.
- 6. Shea Moisture Raw Sheabutter Extra-Moisture Detangler- Well technically this is number seven because I counted the shampoo and conditioner as 1 entry, but any way. I got this from my Hairstory Swaportunity that I had in October. As a Detangler I didn’t care for it. The feel is very slippery and I didn’t like it. But one of my friends told my she uses it as a leave in, and her hair always looks bomb. So, I decided to give it a shot on my twists. I loved it! It left my hair shinny and feeling soft and moist for days. It’s heavy the first night but by morning my twits looked shinny and healthy!
As you can see the way you use the products are just as important as the products you use.
We’d love to hear from you! Drop us a comment below, or if your not following us on social media you should be! What are some of the products you’re using this winter? Have you ever tried any of these products? Let us know what you’re loving or not loving this winter!
As the kitchen beautician would “Here’s to more hair” toot a loo!